“Looking awesome today. I know :) Working with ShortPoint team to make me look even better. ”
Minor Update – Date: 23rd, May 2017
We are continuing improving the performance. In this release, we improved the experience in IE 11 browsers (the best browser in the world :p). Few customers experienced a freeze when accessing pages designed with ShortPoint in IE 11.
We also improved performance even more for our products on SharePoint 2013 and 2016 Servers.
- Reduce freezing time on Internet Explorer browser
- Improved performance on SharePoint 2013 and 2016 Servers
- Video backgrounds are misplaced on Internet Explorer browser
- Calendar Webpart events were not properly aligned on Internet Explorer browser
- Calendar Webpart had a horizontal scrollbar if it was added inside a ShortPoint element
- Image titles sometimes did not render correctly on Internet Explorer browser
- Managed navigation was broken on mobile on some site settings pages
Minor Update – Date: 8th, May 2017
- ShortPoint Add-In Version 184.108.40.206
- Prevent clearing twitter widget related attributes from generated ShortPoint
Minor Update – Date: 3rd, May 2017
- ShortPoint Add-In Version 220.127.116.11
- In rare cases, generated shortpoint content is not saved, and edit page functionality is broken
Minor Update – Date: 28th, April 2017
- ShortPoint Add-In Version 18.104.22.168
- ShortPoint 2016 Farm Solution Version 22.214.171.124
- ShortPoint2013 Farm Solution Version 126.96.36.199
- Additional rendering performance improvements for SharePoint 2013 and 2016 On-Premise
- Now a warning message is shown about Internet Explorer compatibility mode and how to fix it.
- Background image did not appear on Internet Explorer browser.
- Branding and customization tool used to apply default CSS styles, even if nothing was applied by end-user.
- Fixed an issue when content Preloader appeared below tabs.
- ‘Edit Properties’ page was broken.
- Full page backgrounds sometimes appeared shifted on full layout sites.
- Hide ribbon sometimes showed extra white space end of the page.
- Homepage elements did not work on On-Premise 2013 / 2016 Farm Solutions.
- Huge white space appeared around image titles on mobile and on resizing the browser.
- Keep margin on mobile was not working.
- Image size help message had some misleading information.
- Menu background did not fill the whole available space when the logo was hidden on the home page.
- Fixed page hanging when opening page in Edit mode.
- Setting an icon on managed navigation broke the navigation.
- Managed navigation item was broken on the mobile menu if it did not has a link.
- Fixed issue when managed navigation does not have a hover effect if it does not have a link.
- On Internet Explorer browser, page might break if it contains a dollar sign.
#Hotfix for SharePoint 2016 and 2013 On Premise – Date: 11th, January 2017
We have improved the performance of ShortPoint farm solutions for SharePoint 2016 and 2013 On Premise. Customers in high traffic farms will explore significant performance improvements.
#Hotfix for SharePoint Online Only – Date: 5th, January 2017
If you have ShortPoint Add-In installed, you will not see ShortPoints in the newly published pages.
We have fixed the issue, and you guys need to upgrade ASAP.
- REST API Connection Type is now added to ShortPoint Inserter. You can create REST connections without using ShortPoint Dashboard.
- We added new full-color file icons to File List ShortPoint.
- Now you can connect with sites in external site collections not just with current site collection
- We improved the UX with Connected ShortPoints. Now users will see modern preloader when loading the page.
- Fixed issue when Publishing pages were empty after publishing.
- Images inside frame had extra height on Internet Explorer than other browsers.
- Search box Webpart was not responsive when placed inside a ShortPoint element.
- Infopath when displayed inside Shortpoint element, was not responsive.
- Fixed URL field support for Links SharePoint List.
- Fixed case when horizontal scrollbar might appear if the content inside panel is wider than panel width.
Minor Update – Date: 6th, December 2016
- ShortPoint Now Support Minimal Download Strategy Feature in SharePoint (MDS). Activate this feature on your SharePoint team sites to reduces page load time including ShortPoint files. We love it when we work on anything related to performance :)
- Now ShortPoint Add-In can be installed on all sites and sub sites within same site collection in one click. If you add ShortPoint Add-In to the root of the site collection, you will see new toggle in the installation page. If enabled, it will install ShortPoint globally.
- Fix many issues related to RTL SharePoint Websites like Arabic.
- Display elements had partially hidden content and extra spacing when viewed inside the Inserter
- Fixed issue when Events Webpart displayed incorrectly inside Tabs ShortPoint
- Fixed a conflict that caused by Force SharePoint Responsive feature to elements that have negative margin
- Fixed Additional Properties in People Search connection
- Fixed displaying of User field in Table ShortPoint
- Fixed issue when Events webpart rendered incorrectly inside ShortPoint
- Fixed issue with RSS connection when it was not working with item’s limit set to 1
- Fixed issue with ShortPoint Users saved per each site
- In edit mode, sections were not fully white when added to a non-while page
- On anonymously accessed pages, TOC links were broken
- Fixed issue when in Firefox some display elements had scrollbars
- In Inserter editor sometimes the link and image popup were placed off the screen (on small screens)
- Removed white empty button that appears on small devices on Oslo master-page when Force SharePoint Responsive feature is enabled
- SharePoint WebParts when added inside row or section, sometimes the popups that came out of the web parts were clipped and not fully visible
- Sometimes clicking on a display element menu was hidden and user was not able to click on those menu items in Internet Explorer
- Sometimes demo pages had extra spaces between design elements
- Sometimes tab headers was not responsive when resizing the page
- Tiles: fixed crash if title is a number
- Now Events and DateList show only columns with date from Connect for date
- Events will now automatically detect the locale of the site, and display dates and times in the site locale, with a fallback to English on LTR / Arabic on RTL in case detection failed
- SAP & Generator ShortPoint editors, now allows inserting images into the content
Minor Update – Date: 11th, September 2016
- New option to tabs ShortPoint “Preserve Active Tab“, to maintain the active tab state even after page being refreshed.
- Tiles title option can now accept \n to split the title into multiple lines.
- ShortPoints that have items tab in Inserter, now its items can be easily re-ordered using the new move up / down buttons.
- Added date format string option to parse non-standard date formats correctly.
- Fixed ShortPoint display got distorted/broken by selecting text and using text formatting.
- On IE if multiple sections added to the page, some section buttons will be hidden behind the next ShortPoint element.
- Fixed issue when display can be removed by removing an image from inside.
- Connect support for Assets Library when Video and Rich Media site collection feature is disabled.
- White text was invisible if added from editor inside Inserter.
- Fixed issues that ShortPoint was broken after copying text with ShortPoint.
- While navigating between ShortPoints, all scrollbars inside ShortPoint details will be reset for better user experience.
Minor Update – Date: 30, August 2016
- Grouping related Inserter fields together, for better readability, and fast access to ShortPoint options.
- Hiding advanced options in all ShortPoints, and only show them whenever needed, to let the user focus on important and frequently used options first.
- Allow preview ShortPoints on a simulated dark background.
- ShortPoints in Inserter are now sorted by name, for better readability.
- New Columns component to picking the layout for all of the columns in the row with one single click.
- Now fields that depend on other field values will only be shown when another field has the right value, instead of being always shown.
- Fix WebPart options inside dark panel.
- If ShortPoint is installed on a site that has customized master page, in some cases, some ShortPoints will not render correctly due to customized master page is having different scroll wrapper for the page.
- Images list: Fixed images not shown if URL contained space.
- In icons list ShortPoint, field icon was not icon picker UI control.
- Inserter will show update button if generated ShortPoint is opened from the ribbon.
- On rare cases, ShortPoint, when installed on a customized master page site, the site navigation links, will be disabled.
- When only one tab has an icon, choosing icon color will break the ShortPoint.
- While navigating between ShortPoints, all scrollbars inside ShortPoint details will be reset for better user experience.
- Fixed issue with Inserter button on small screens.
- Now Connect support lists with special characters in the title.
- Fix ShortPoints can’t always be inserted in IE for SharePoint 2010 (OnPremise).
- Remove parallax option from section and row.
- Fix changing the layout in a row removes columns content.
- Fix row actions appeared behind Webpart.
- Fixed: section with background video covers the previous sections and heading.
- Fixed horizontal and vertical alignment didn’t work with layout option on Background.
- Fix Section icon was missing on Inserter dashboard.
- Update description fields in all ShortPoints to accept multi-column content when connected to a list.
- Webparts will overlap each other when placed inside columns ShortPoint.
- On rare cases, the browser might crash for a complex layout.
Minor Update – Date: 23rd, August 2016
- In some cases, when using section, shortpoint is not rendered on IE browsers.
- Few of our customers reported performance issue affecting few pages. We solved the problem. Performance is now fixed and a little bit better than before. We will continue improving the performance in the upcoming versions. Thank you so much, guys, for helping us identify and solving the issue.
Minor Update – Date: 17, July 2016
We fixed a nasty issue where some users could not add web parts to pages that contain ShortPoints. Sorry about that folks!
Minor Update – Date: 16, May 2016
We fixed minor issues reported by customers from the previous major release. We also improved the performance again, and now the loading time should be super fast.
Minor Update – Date: 8, February 2016
- Dates List: fixed whole date was displayed instead of day of month
- Tiles and masonry layout: fix page hangs on size small
- Background ShortPoint is broken on IE
- When ShortPoint fails to execute, all following ShortPoint elements will fail to render as well
- Events – Panel style is broken when Events ShortPoint has a link all option or an icon
- Dynamic ShortPoints breaks when its content contains escaped quotations
- Installation fails when installing App on SharePoint Server 2013
- Counter Box – Could not add a transparent background color
- Background – Fixed horizontal scrollbar appear on IE11 and Firefox
- Column – Fixed enormous height of some elements (images, videos) inside column
Minor Update – Date: 13, December, 2015
- new style “solid”
- new options: responsive, icons, setting active / inactive tab state colors, text size.
- [Display] – edit ShortPoint not working on iPad
- [Connect] Enhanced Rich Text Column rendered as plain text
- [Tiles] – fixes responsiveness bug
- [background] – on touch devices parallax background keeps content hidden
- – fixes text overflow problems
- – default style should not have ‘inactive-tab-color’ default value
- [background] – when image + video is provided, they appear overlapped
- [background] – image fallback support when fail to load video background
- [background] – default height value updated to 25%
- [slideshow] – default height value updated to 25%
Minor Update – Date: 28, October, 2015
- Inserter cannot be scrolled on iPad
- [BUG] in case of installation error the message should be “Installation has failed” instead of “Installation has been failed”
- Fixed Tiles responsive not working when spacing is 0
- Fixed Tiles border radius when spacing is 0
- Image Carousels missing Link field in inserter
- [Performance] – Accordions / Toggles rendering is drastically slow, when it has too many items
Minor Update – Date: 24, September, 2015
- ShortPoint Connect now use list view filtering, sorting and item limit
- ShortPoint Logger experimental feature. More info below!
- New ShortPoint “Templates”
- New ShortPoint “Events.”
- Included third party software licenses file in dashboard page
- Show proper date format of the Events ShortPoint
- Events ShortPoint some date headers are not shown
- Panel when connected to SharePoint list is broken
- Web Parts does not work inside ShortPoint display
- Edit a Dynamic ShortPoint quickly, will not show connected SharePoint List / View
- When SharePoint list was removed, the pages that contain shortpoint connected to the deleted list will throw exception
- When content contains single quotation, ShortPoint will be broken
- Display is editable inside a content editor web part, even when the web part itself is not in edit mode
- Events ShortPoint added full date as a tooltip
- When to connect fails to retrieve SharePoint lists, exceptions are logged to the browser console
Minor Update – Date: 26, July 2015
- tiles-dynamic horizontal alignment was not working
- animation show-on-init in row / column not working
- Table header should show the SharePoint column display name and not internal name
- the SharePoint list column names in the inserter is showing internal name and not display names. for example, the title is alway LinkXX
- update toggles / accordion options in inserter
- update shortpoint engine in parsing engine
- tall Tile with image – image became three
- Tile Sarah style description bad position
- inserter could not parse non-self closing shortpoint ( code mode )
- popover content field is not working in display
- Fixed Column responsive extra-padding
- Display loses dynamic attribute value on page save
- Add the web part button on IE not working
- animation with no duration option set was too fast
- Tiles: fixed color-transparency option propagation from parent to children
- generated shortpoints by generator content is empty
- Replacement engine will remove wrapper element around child shortpoints
- resources will be cached for every new version
- display enabled by default
- Tile Bordered style: made title fill space
- Hiding the web part content in inserter
- Update demo project to include new styles of tiles, and new slideshow shortpoint
Minor Update – Date: 3, July 2015
#NEW for Tiles
- Responsive – titles will resize automatically to fit their container. remember to switch it on first from the inserter.
- Image – Add images as tile background
- New styles: Bordered, Flat and Sarah (for images)
- Color Transparency: Add color and make it transparent to show the image behind colored
- Shape: Wide and Tall
- Control the text and icon colors
- Control the size of title and description
- Lightbox: New linking option to open tile link in lightbox window
- Blur effect for images
- Spacing: control the spaces between tiles
- Many fixes and general improvements
- a new version of tiles shortpoint
- update notification in ShortPoint Dashboard
- edit mode detection for web part pages
- uninstall tile title in the dashboard
- internal lists removing when uninstalling the app
- remove edit button from the ribbon
- remove link / unlink formatting options from TinyMCE
- inserter does not open in IE when the cursor is not activated
- tiles – the user should be able to edit title & description in inserter only
- tiles on Safari OSX overlap each other
- tiles background does not show when opacity is omitted
- dynamic shortpoints does not read image/link columns
- tiles horizontal alignment was not working
- tiles in dashboard pages will appear stuck to each other
- display source/view in dynamic displays
- can’t add elements to the top of the page
- tiles – show title and description in edit
- performance improvement: caching resources after the first request
You will be able to add footer to your SharePoint pages from one location and without any coding.
Responsive SharePoint Update
We will upgrade the framework we are using to make SharePoint sites responsive.
Before and After Rows and Sections
You will be able to control the spaces between rows and sections. Add fancy section dividers and more.
## Mega Menu
Finally we get the time to focus on this. Get ready guys, the best menu style for SharePoint is coming.
ShortPoint Social Pack. Content Boxes, Responsive Image, Text ShortPoint, Icon Boxes, Call to actions and new button styles
Add filter toolbar to the top of any connected ShortPoint to let the users filter the items on the pages.
Custom icons, new header styles, blur background and we have a secret project about to be released ;)
This is the list of known and issues we are still working on.
Why are we listing issues?
First of all, all issues here are very minor, and most of them rarely happen while designing only.
We hate this page so much. We will not have good rest until we solve everything here, and delete this page. This is the list of issues we are working on. We believe we have to publish all known issues with our masterpiece to our awesome community.
Issues you might face while designing Only
You should not face any issue while designing if you use all browsers, except IE11 and Firefox.
No Issues in these browsers
Issue happen with these browsers
SP-410 Picture Library Web Part does not reflect correctly when it is inserted inside Background ShortPoint. Learn More >
Solution: Use Tiles ShortPoint to show images on top of Background ShortPoint
Internet Explorer, Edge
Chrome, Opera, Firefox
SP-451 “Add Space After / Before” action sometimes add two lines in Internet Explorer 11. Learn More >
Solution: Remove the extra spaces manually
Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera
|SP-423 When developer tools are open Internet Explorer hangs.
|Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera
|SP-851 ShortPoints in edit sometimes can have a frame in Internet Explorer 11. Learn More >||
Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera
|SP-817 Grayscale, Blur, Parallax effects do not work in Internet Explorer and Edge. Learn More >||Firefox, Chrome, Opera||Internet Explorer, Edge|
General Minor Issues
- SP-62 When SharePoint list is renamed ShortPoints connected to it will not reflect the change automatically. Disconnect and Connect the ShortPoint again
- SP-910 ShortPoint Connect doesn’t work properly if any SharePoint List in the site is damaged. Remove the damaged list. Learn More >
- SP-911 A list with ShortPoints in the rich content column will break other ShortPoints. Adding ShortPoints inside Rich Text Column is not supported yet. Learn More >
- SP-1232 Preview for Table is blank in Generator Learn More >
If you faced any other issue or have any question, please send us email at [email protected]